Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BE STILL

Since Josiah has been out of school. I have been doing pre-school home schooling. (I have several units complete in Child Development, I was going to college when I became pregnant with Elijah).

I don't want him to fall behind on his colors & shapes and stuff like that. I figured if I am home with him I better be a good steward of my time with him at home.

We have been having a lot of fun. We took our first trip to the library and work on colors & shapes & bible verse & stories everyday.

He calls it "MOMMY SCHOOLY"

Last week the theme was Listening skills and his verse was
"BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD"

We read our bibles and I told him the story of Moses & the burning bush (emphasizing on Moses listening to God's voice)

We played a stop, look & listen game & made sock puppets.

This morning I was tending to Steve's bandaged foot/leg & trying to get b-fast done and clean up the house. I was feeling horribly anxious. I began to cry when Josiah went out to play.
I was very frustrated & worried and anxious about our finances & about my job interview.
BUT... I was not crying out to the Lord I was just crying in frustration - on my own strength or the lack there of.

I was spot treating the carpet in the living room(no longer crying) just concentrating hard on what I was doing. Steve was in our room with the door shut. I felt a little tap on my shoulder. I looked up at Josiah and he smiled at me and said, "mamember, mommy? mamember!
~BE STILL AH KNOW I AM GOD~ remember okay STOP ! LOOK ! LISTEN !
GOD say - be still - mamember mommy!"
I smiled and hugged him and said, "YES baby I remember!"
He ran out onto the porch and started playing.

I felt the presence of the Lord touch me in a gentle manner - not harsh, not scolding and not really any specific words. I just felt His presence.
I finally began to talk with the Lord and I began to just basque in HIS PRESENCE.

I choose to listen to the voice of God, the voice of Truth!

I will not be shaken! We are teaching our son & daughter to trust God! I must choose to do the same! Even when things around me look uncertain.
I will not fear for He is with me and promises to restore my soul, to lead me to green pastures, to take me to streams of refreshing!!!

We are certain that God has us in the palm of His hand and He will supply our EVERY NEED!
WE CHOSE TO WORSHIP HIM THROUGH THE LIFE & DEATH OF ELIJAH.

WE want for God to receive all Glory & Honor ~ we want to make a difference in someones life by the way we live and the way we react to diverse situations around us.

BLESSED BE THE NAME, HE GIVES & TAKES AWAY!!
OUR HEARTS WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE YOUR NAME!!!!
*like Josiah said, I need to remember to be still*

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful reminder from sweet Josiah. Thank you, Josiah!
    Praying for you all!
    Love Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children are such a gift! What a beautiful heart that little boy has!

    ReplyDelete